Saturday 26 June 2010

France - Alps - La Plagne 2010 - Stage 1 Prologue - Newport Isle of Wight

Bradley has just missed a shot for USA in the World Cup match between USA and Ghana, it's 1-1 and I am finally in Tour de Alps mood. Jeeves (bro in law Paul) has just picked my bike up in the Rolls Royce (saves a lot of faffing tomorrow b4 ferry) and all I need to do now is finish watching this match, finish the bottle of red (on top of two pints of Estella Lager at veterans day in Ryde (my kids played in the marching band - proud Daddy) watch Big Brother (maybe not, looks like its extra time . . It is Extra time; you can tell I'm writing this during the match), go to bed, sort myself out tomorrow, watch England V Germany (oh shit!! forgot that, almost) then finally - Fishbourne, Isle of Wight ferry at 19.30, cross channel ferry, Portsmouth to Caen overnight at 22.30.

Phew, quite busy then? I'm hoping that I will be able to pack my England retro 2001-2003 shirt for a Quarter Final tie next Saturday . . fingers crossed. I have to say that it will be a shame if Germany knock us out as I'm looking forward to an England match in a French alpine bar and a pint or four of Stella :0) D.R.E.A.M ON!! Of course I'm also looking forward to mountains, waterfalls, peace and quiet, the views across the passes and lying in the grass; ipod and sun, my bike alongside with the small task of fast 10-20k descent down to the valley floors. Heaven.

So yes, you read right. We are off to the French alps in a 1970's Rolls Royce. Caen to La Plagne. Should be an adventure.

Stage 2 Tomorrow - Isle of Wight to Portsmouth Cross Channel Ferry


No comments:

Post a Comment